Ultimate Guide to using CBD Products
8 months ago
From seed to shelf, we are all about Quality, Transparency, Education, and Health. Our goal is for everyone to discover, not just wonder, the benefits of what our CBD products and formulations can do. That’s why we’ve created this handy guide that answers the most frequently asked questions about CBD products and provides additional details on how to leverage CBD for maximum health and wellness gains.
- What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is the second most studied compound of the 116-plus known cannabinoids found in industrial hemp. CBD is one of the key constituents of hemp. It’s been around for thousands of years, and has a documented use across India, Egypt, Europe, China and Japan. Traditionally, hemp has been used for many of the ailments people use CBD for today; anxiety, insomnia, pain and menstrual cramps being just a few.
- How Does CBD Work?
CBD reduces inflammation to the point that the body can concentrate on healing. CBD works to help maintain our bodies’ homeostasis. Homeostasis is a healthy state of balance and internal stability against outside or unknown factors that would otherwise disrupt how the human body would typically perform.
- What is the Endocannabinoid System?
Endocannabinoid System (ECS) – a biological network composed of cannabinoid receptors that stretch throughout the entire body – to help the body maintain overall health and wellness. CBD works optimally when absorbed into the bloodstream, where it can interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
- How is CBD Absorbed?
There are two major types of cannabinoid receptors – CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors help regulate many functions related to our central nervous system, while CB2 receptors manage the abilities associated with our peripheral nervous system.
CBD molecules usually bind to CB2 receptors, while THC binds to CB1 receptors. When these cannabinoids attach to these connectors, they transmit signals that travel through the cells – ultimately affecting the cells that surround tissue, the tissues inside an organ, and the many organs of the body. And though CBD usually attaches to CB2 connectors, it can also grasp CB1 receptors – acting as a blockade against other molecules.
Your body’s absorption of CBD from the application area into the bloodstream is known as its “bioavailability” – maximizing bioavailability means allowing more CBD to be readily available for bodily use. Essentially this term refers to how much of the CBD actually gets into your bloodstream.
- What is our CBD Oil Made From?
CBD oil consists of CBD isolates, which become infused into a carrier oil. The isolates are extracted from raw hemp materials through a highly sophisticated, safe and stable process that also allows the retention of other beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes.
The carrier oil is a coconut-based substance called MCT oil. MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides, which is a particular type of fatty acid. The advantage of using MCT over other viable carriers is how quickly MCT is metabolized, absorbed, and used for energy. The calories inside of MCT are also burned more efficiently rather than becoming stored as fat.
Known Benefits of our MCT oil: 100% Organic, Boosts your Brain Power, Energizes Body, Provides Fuel, Quick and Sustained Ketogenic Fuel. Contains easy digestible fats that quickly convert ketones giving the brain muscles and other tissues fast and sustained energy.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Consult your healthcare practitioner before using any products if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition.
- What are Terpenes?
Terpenes are compounds found in many plants, though commonly associated with cannabis because cannabis plants contain high concentrations of them. Essentially, Terpenes are complex essential oils and when isolated are some of the most powerful substances known to man. The combination of specially selected terpenes and Essential oils enhance our products superiority.
- What is CBD, CBDa, CBDV, CBDVa, CBN, CBG, and CBGa?
CBD: (Cannabidiol) The second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis (marijuana). While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant. Commonly used to address anxiety, and for patients who suffer through the misery of insomnia, falling asleep and staying asleep. CBD applied on the skin could help lower pain and inflammation due to arthritis. Inhibits inflammatory and neuropathic pain, two of the most difficult types of chronic pain to treat.
CBDa: (Cannabidiolic Acid) When decarboxylation occurs by exposing the cannabis plant to either heat or sunlight, CBDA converts to CBD. CBDA is the raw form or predecessor to CBD. More than a thousand times more effective than CBD in activating a serotonin receptor that reduces nausea and anxiety. This effect is even more pronounced in chemotherapy patients who are using ondansetron (OND) to treat nausea.
CBDV: (Cannabidivarin) Much of the research around CBDV has centered around its effect on seizures.
CBDVa: (Cannabidivarinic Acid) is the carboxylic acid precursor of cannabidivarin (CBDV), a close chemical relative to cannabidiol (CBD) studied to help digestive inflammation, brain atrophy, and other conditions.
CBN: (Cannabinol) has analgesic or pain-relieving capabilities in the body. CBN appears to influence the activity of neurons that are sensitive to capsaicin. Researchers also discovered that CBN demonstrated anti-inflammatory and anti-convulsant properties on its own. CBN may also act as an appetite stimulant in rats, and could act as a pain reliever when combined with CBD. CBN has also shown potential as a treatment for sleep disorders, pain relief, and inflammation, among other medical benefits.
CBG: (Cannabigerol) is the decarboxylated form of cannabigerolic acid, the parent molecule from which other cannabinoids are synthesized.
CBGa: (Cannabigerolic Acid) is the “mothership” cannabinoid. Works to fight inflammation, pain, nausea and works to slow the proliferation of cancer cells. Research has shown it also significantly reduces intraocular eye pressure caused by glaucoma. Strains high in CBG will be beneficial treating conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, and cancer. Essentially the same thing as cannabigerol (CBG) but with a carboxyl group attached
- “CBD doesn’t work, I took it for 7 days”
Some people receive immediate benefits from these products, it usually becomes clear within two weeks. Most people realize when they stop taking this product, what it does for them. It’s like deciding to take Tylenol for a week when you’re not in pain. What exactly are you evaluating with your experiment?
- “CBD doesn’t work unless a little THC is included.”
As more and more research emerges, there are literally thousands of studies on CBD pointing to its efficacy on its own. THC free CBD oil is being considered as a natural holistic alternative treatment for many other conditions such as pain, depression, anxiety, insomnia, diabetes, neurological disorders, auto-immune deficiencies and addiction treatment.
- “Does CBD get me high?”
CBD doesn’t activate the CB1 receptor in the brain, like THC Delta 9 does. This means that CBD cannot produce the alterations in consciousness and awareness characteristic of the high from THC Delta 9.
- “I’ve taken CBD before, and the effects are questionable”
Do you know what type of CBD you are buying? Do you know where your CBD isolate comes from? Since CBD has been studied and gained popularity, both India and China have been synthesizing this cannabinoid from mold. Because of this, the price of CBD has dropped across the market, but are you really receiving the best quality?
Our CBD comes from a General Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility.
Okay well say you buy a questionable bottle of aloe vera because you’ve gotten a sunburn and it doesn’t help. It turns out what you bought was 2 percent aloe vera and 98 percent green food-colored goo. Does that mean aloe vera doesn’t soothe burns or is it, instead, that the product you purchased simply wasn’t high quality?
- “What kind of effect should I be feeling after using CBD?”
CBD makes people feel better, in much the same way a box of chocolates, a hug or a warm bath can. That’s because CBD boosts a natural feel good chemical called Anandamide. Anandamide is an endocannabinoid which also activates CB1 in the brain, but to a much lesser degree than THC. This alternative mechanism provides a sense of wellbeing from CBD, without the high.
- “How Much CBD should I be taking?”
When it comes to dosing CBD, there is much confusion as there is no standard recommended dose as of yet. CBD is very individualistic and some people are more sensitive to its effects than others. How much CBD you should take also depends on various factors such as weight, lifestyle, symptoms, severity, etc. Each consumer will need to experiment until they find the most effective dose for them and their symptoms. (I.e Diet, Hydration and Severity of issue addressed.)
- “What type of product is right for me?”
Consider the bioavailability of the particular product. For example, if you eat CBD gummies, they have to go through your digestive tract to the liver then be processed before you can absorb them, and the amount that ends up in your system may be relatively low. On the other hand, if you take a tincture sublingually — which means under the tongue — you’re absorbing it directly into your bloodstream. So you could get quicker, more noticeable results than you would from waiting for your digestive system to process it. In addition, your most effective method may vary depending on what type of relief you’re looking for.
- “What is the difference between Full Spectrum and Broad Spectrum?”
Full Spectrum: is the maximum amount of helpful native phytochemicals are retained during extraction, including some THC
Broad Spectrum: is created by either adding terpenes, flavonoids, and minor cannabinoids to CBD isolate or by removing THC from full spectrum extract via distillation.
- “Does CBD interfere with other medications?”
It is always recommended to speak with your doctor before taking any supplements or altering any medication regimen.
- “Are your products Vegan or Vegetarian?”
Our Tinctures and Sprays are vegan, but our Creams contain goat’s milk and our Salves contain beeswax. But rest assured all of our products are ethically manufactured.
- When people take this product, they expect a specific response. The response is reduced inflammation which naturally takes a little time to work into the system, it’s not an immediate response like aspirin, but once the inflammation naturally goes away, the body’s response is to heal itself.
- We want you to understand that It actually requires a certain level of commitment to put time and thought into your process of uncovering the long-term effects of CBD. It is essential to remember that consistency is vital to receive the most benefits from CBD oil. It’s best to continue taking CBD for at least 30 days to achieve optimum results; but this is just the beginning – find a regimen, product, and concentration that works best for your everyday routine.
- One of the primary advantages of our product over the CBD isolated products are the natural cannabis terpenes we add that gives our products a more enhanced benefit. containing no THC.
- When a cannabis plant grows and matures, it goes through a process of decarboxylation from all the sunlight and oxidation. And through this procedure, the acidic cannabinoids convert into the highly recognizable and researched cannabinoids that we all hear and read about along with CBD.
- CBD traditionally has been looked at as a recovery device, however it can be used particularly for refining your motor skills.
- We use the right type of terpenes which include Delta 7, 8, THCa, THCv.
- I know some people with high anxiety depression who take this 3 times a day, and yet they can function with CBD.
- Your body will do more to perform with this product both physically and mentally.
- We know that this works, there has been clinical study after study done and we also have many testimonials from people who can vouch for our formulated CBD.
- If you use CBD topically, the CBD is absorbed through the skin in a more targeted way, making CBD oil for skin care a popular option when combined with other topical ingredients. All of our products are appropriate for a variety of skin types. (I.e. Psoriasis and Eczema.) Please test on a sensitive area. (I.e. apply under your arm first and wait an hour to make sure there is no skin reaction.)
OVERALL CBD BENEFITS
- Promotes Relaxation – occurs naturally as the endocannabinoid receptors respond to CBD.
- Helps promote a sense of calm – daily stressors + anxiety.
- Improves your mood – plays a significant role in the maintenance of emotional homeostasis.
- Reduces minor discomfort – interacts with the body’s ECS to assist with recovery from temporary, exercise-related minor discomfort and muscle soreness.
- Improves sleep – helps maintain regular sleep habits to help bolster recovery from intense physical activity.
- Good for support and recovery from strenuous exercise – helps reduce discomfort and alleviate symptoms like muscle tension.
- You won’t get High – (less than 0.3%), you won’t get high and don’t have to worry about the negative results of a drug test.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Nothing about these products are harmful.
- In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential.
- CBD can improve focus, performance and recovery.
- CBD is known for boosting your mood and lessening your anxiety.
- Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, the opportunity for hemp-derived products, such as CBD has become more widely accepted.
HOW TO BEST USE:
These products are used for many different situations. (I.E. morning wakefulness, stress throughout the day, or restorative recovery at night). For these reasons people take this product at different times.
- Let CBD oil absorb in your mouth for up to 60 seconds when taking sublingually.
- If using CBD topically, apply directly to the affected area.
- Use CBN / CBD tincture 30 minutes before bed.
- Add CBD tincture to your favorite dishes for your daily serving of CBD.
- Add CBD tincture to your favorite beverages; coffee, tea, water.
We hope you found this information useful! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com or call 707-953-3356 to speak to a CBD expert on our team.